Re: Function of $LASROOT/server/custom/las_servlet sub-folders

Mike,

The purpose of these folders is to be a container in which these customized files can reside which does not get blasted by un-tar'ing a new version of LAS over the top of the old one. The 'ant dist' process that creates the .war file that is used by the configure process to deploy the servlet should pick up and include any content there.

In other words, if you grab a new distribution and expand the tar file on top of an existing LAS and run configure, all your customization should survive and be deployed along with the servlet.

Which Makefile are you referring to? I suspect you're right it could be made better, but I'm not sure which one you're using.

Roland

Godin, Michael wrote:

Hello LAS gurus,

I was just wondering if the two sub-folders of the $LASROOT/server/custom folder:
- $LASROOT/server/custom/las_servlet/web/images/
- $LASROOT/server/custom/las_servlet/src/
serve any purpose other than as a reference that these files are customized in the real Tomcat folders:
- $CATALINA_ROOT/webapps/las/images/
- $CATALINA_ROOT/webapps/las/
where it appears that changes actually make a difference?

Not a critical issue -- I am just wondering why I keep copying files to both of the destinations, and if the Makefile ought to automatically copy from the custom folders to the Tomcat folders.

Thanks, Mike
Michael A. Godin
Software Engineer
Phone: 831-775-2063 http://www.mbari.org