Function of $LASROOT/server/custom/las_servlet sub-folders

Hello LAS gurus,

I was just wondering if the two sub-folders of the $LASROOT/server/custom folder:
-   $LASROOT/server/custom/las_servlet/web/images/
-   $LASROOT/server/custom/las_servlet/src/
serve any purpose other than as a reference that these files are customized in the real Tomcat folders:
-   $CATALINA_ROOT/webapps/las/images/
-   $CATALINA_ROOT/webapps/las/
where it appears that changes actually make a difference?

Not a critical issue -- I am just wondering why I keep copying files to both of the destinations, and if the Makefile ought to automatically copy from the custom folders to the Tomcat folders.

Thanks, Mike
Michael A. Godin
Software Engineer
Phone: 831-775-2063  http://www.mbari.org