Re: crontab problem while executing perl/ferret program

Bhushan,

I suspect the problem has to do with the environment that the cron script inherits when it runs.  You probably need to add to the shell script that cron runs the command to set up the Ferret environment.  Even though you explicitly include the path to the Ferret executable, the script being run under cron will not inherit the Ferret environment as it does when you run the script from the command line.

If this doesn't solve your problem, you might try including the output from you cron script so we can get a look at the error messages.

Roland

bhushan gaude wrote:
Sir ,

I want to execute a perl program  and also a ferret program through the crontab file. I have written a shell script that includes the path of these programs .But the crontab is not executing those ferret and perl program.
I have folowed the correct procedure  and cron is executing the shell script but not perl and ferret script.

All my settings are correct in /etc.

Bhushan