Re: asciival oddities

Adam,

I was able to look at your OPeNDAP server at
nomads.ncdc.noaa.gov:9091/dods/IGRA_MONTHLY_RAOBS/igra.200301
and the sequence data it provides.  Right now, there is no LAS 'driver' for generic OPeNDAP sequence servers.  The closest thing we have is the Dapper driver in las/xml/perl/TMAP/TMAPDapper.pm.  In order for you to include this data into LAS you would need to write another driver that knows how to make requests of your server and how to parse the output.  (In my initial tests I was unable to get the server to respond with a subset of variables.  It always gave me all of them.)  Besides the Dapper driver example, we do have instructions on how to do this here:
http://ferret.pmel.noaa.gov/LASdoc/serve/cache/25.html
Admittedly, this would be a very nice piece of functionality to add to LAS but we are unlikely to look into this ourselves for at least the next couple of months.

Sorry it's not already done for you..

-- Jon

Adam Baxter wrote:
Guys,
   I'm working on editing the las.xml to add in one of our station data files. I have yet to actually put it in due to an issue with the data itself.
   Asciival is reporting missing variables in the data file, which is to be expected. As explained to me, not every variable was recorded by every station, such as wind speed and wind direction.
   So, how do I code this into the las.xml? Will LAS figure this out on its own or does something special need to be done?
Thanks!
Adam