Re: LAS 6.4 Server error

Penny,

When the test server is available again, try the following:

verify that there is and 'las' user entry for the fully qualified domain name where LAS is running and that you can login using this command line on the host where LAS is running.

mysql -u las -p lasrules -h hostname.subdomain.nasa.gov lasN

and then in your webapps/las/WEB-INF/classes/las.properties file (using whatever name you gave this installation in place of 'las') for the tomcat servlet container where the test server is running: use the following

las.db.host=hostname.subdomain.nasa.gov <-- where this is the fully qualified domain name of the mysqld host you want to connect to.
las.db.user=las  <-- This should work instead of root provide the correct entry exists.
las.db.password=lasrules  <-- This should work unless it's been changed.
las.db.dbase=lasN <-- This should not change.

From what I can tell you have not tried this combination before (you tried the fully qualified domain name with the root user, but not this).

You have to restart the servlet contain for these changes to take effect.  If you make any change to the mysql grant tables (adding users, etc) then you should tell the mysqld to re-read the grant tables with the "mysqladmin reload" command.

Let me know.

Roland

Penny Oots wrote:
Roland,

The servers are on two different hosts and do not share the same mysqld.

I believe the output from the las.properties file is as follows:

las.db.host=localhost
las.db.user=root
las.db.password=xxxxxx
las.db.dbase=las0

At the moment, the system administrator is not allowing logins.  The information above is from the working server.  I'll let you know if there is any difference when I can get in again.  We did try entering the full host name when doing a make but that did not correct the problem.  In the mysql database, the user las has an entry for localhost, the full host name and just the shortened host name.  Root has an entry for local host and the shortened host name (no third entry).

Penny