Re: ferret keeps running in case of LAS errors

Hello,
I have solved the problem with a workaround. Ferret keeps running with my installation (LAS 6.4.2, ferret v5.80, Suse linux 9 ) in the case of any ferret errors. It hooks to PPID=1. All
other ferrets must never have this PPID.

So I have set up a cron job, which belongs to the system user, which also runs formally httpd.

* * * * * /somepath/kill_fer_ppid_1

which is the following script
#!/bin/ksh
fpid=`ps --ppid 1 | grep ferret | cut -b1-6`
[[ -n $fpid ]] && kill -9 $fpid

I see this is possibly not the best solution, but it keeps the server clean.

Martin