las problem

Sir,

The las gui is made up of velocity templates.It consists of 3 main .vm files which calls other vm files.The three main files r vmglobal.vm, singlepm.vm, dataset.vm.
  So plz tell me following:

  1)From which file of tomcat servlet container these r called to display las gui when we give the url.
  2)How that .vm code is converted to javascript bz if say view source in the browser where the las gui is displayed we see javascript code embedded in html and not the vm code.Who does this magic?
  3)In the url used to display las gui we give following: http://      :&n bsp; /las/servlets/dataset
  where is this /las/servlets/dataset folder ?
  4)How to invoke ferret from LAS so that it can plot the required o/p when a dataset is given as a i/p bz i think that las is not invoking the feret when we select a dataset and request for a plot, it simply displays the already stored gif images?

  Thank You

  Bhushan