* * * Announcing LAS version 6.5 (beta) * * *

* * * Announcing LAS version 6.5 (beta) * * *

Version 6.5 (beta) of the Live Access Server is now available from the LAS Downloads page.  This is a 'beta' release and has not yet been thoroughly tested by our close collaborators.  We recommend this release only for those wishing to try out new LAS functionality in prototype LAS installations.  DO NOT REPLACE  EXISTING OPERATIONAL SERVERS WITH THIS CODE.  After a period of about two weeks we hope to make another 'official' release that will have addressed any bugs that come up during the testing period.

http://ferret.pmel.noaa.gov/Ferret/LAS/Downloads/

Please try out this new release and contact us with any problems you encounter.

Jon Callahan
Joe Mclean
Roland Schweitzer
Kevin O'Brien
Ansley Manke
Yonghua Wei
Steve Hankin

What's new in release 6.5?

New features

  • The Ferret Data Server (FDS) now ships and installs with LAS
  • New THREDDS Catalog
  • Options now appear on the Constrain page
  • Database Access from the User Interface Server
  • User Defined Variables
  • Revamped Search Output
  • New Index Page
  • New Browser Management
  • New <contributor> metadata tag and display
  • Reduced Down Time when Rebuilding LAS
  • New <ui_timeout> and <ps_timeout> Properties
  • New Javascript API to Generate LAS Requests
  • More uniform product naming and improved options for products

Bug Fixes since LAS 6.4 (text describes the fix)

  • #938 added separate std_2D_xy operations menu in sample_ui.xml.in
  • #950 in-situ data access code now handles TextField type constraints
  • #976 in-situ product for ascii output correctly lists dates now
  • #980 server-side map now handles modulo properly
  • #1030 use a reference map option works correctly, no longer defaults to 'none' based on aspect ratio
  • #1125 expressions from options are now included in output products labeling
Complete release notes are available at:

http://ferret.pmel.noaa.gov/cgi-bin/LASdoc?file=77

You may download LAS from the following page

http://ferret.pmel.noaa.gov/Ferret/LAS/Downloads/

Updated installation and configuration documentation is available at:

http://ferret.pmel.noaa.gov/cgi-bin/LASdoc/