Re: Grib

Adam,

The most straight forward way to use LAS with grib files is to use some "middle-ware" to handle the translation from grib to netCDF on-the-fly.

In my opinion the best tool for this job (there are certainly others) is the GrADS Data Server (http://grads.iges.org/grads/gds/gds.html). You install GrADS and GDS and configure GDS to serve your grib files. Clients (like LAS) that want to interact with these data will be able to do so using the netCDF API as if the files were actually stored in netCDF even though they will remain in grib. There is some overhead, but the process in efficient enough to work with LAS.

Roland

Adam Baxter wrote:

Hello,
I've been searching through the LAS documentation and I haven't found any information on how to point LAS at grib files. The documentation describes how to convert our grib files into NetCDF, but with gigs of data that's not really possible.
Any suggestions?

Adam Baxter