Re: csv doesn't work for XYT

Hi Todd,
I wasn't able to get a 2D shade plot from your LAS either.  The error message was a java servlet exception:
javax.servlet.ServletException: Broken pipe
   at gov.noaa.pmel.tmap.FormFilter.doFilter (FormFilter.java:103)
which tells me that there may be a problem with the TOMCAT server.  The majority of Tomcat problems we have run into involve memory.  Try starting the Tomcat servers with the switches
-Xms256M -Xmx256M -Xss512k

The first two have to do with heap size and the last has to do with thread sizes, Tomcat documenation has more detail.
edit your $lasroot/startserver.sh file to  add the switches:

JAVA_HOME="/usr/local/jdk1.5.0_01"
JAVA_OPTS="-Djava.awt.headless=true  -Xms256M -Xmx256M -Xss512k"

and stop and start your tomcat server again.  Let me know if this works.

Joe
Todd Mitchell wrote:
Greetings,		Friday

I am trying to send an XYT data volume of data on the JISAO LAS
server http://margaret.atmos.washington.edu:8180/las/servlets/dataset
and I get errors when I try to do this.  It doesn't seem to matter
which data set I try it on.  LAS will produce csv-format file without
errors for an "XY slice", but not for an "XYT volume".  LAS will
produce a netCDF file for an "XYT volume", so it appears to me that
the problem is with the LAS code rather than the dataset.  We are running
LAS version 6.2 on a linux box
1 margaret% uname -a
Linux margaret 2.6.7 #1 SMP Fri Jun 18 13:30:03 PDT 2004 i686 GNU/Linux

Friday 4 March 2005

Todd Mitchell