Re: Permission problem?

Adam,

The CGI process that creates the plots needs permission to write on the las/server directory and a few of its sub-directories.

The best way to do that is to give group ownership and group write permission to match the group that the Apache HTTPD process is running under.

Commands similar to the following should do the trick, where "group" is the group as above.

chgrp group server server/log server/output server/dods server/dods/.dods_cache
chgrp group server/log/* server/output/* server/dods/.dods_cache/*
chgrp group server/dods/.dodsrc
chmod g+w server server/log server/output server/dods server/dods/.dods_cache
chmod g+w server/log/* server/output/* server/dods/.dods_cache/*
chmod g+w server/dods/.dodsrc

Roland

Adam Baxter wrote:

LAS is finally running on our server, but I'm unable to plot data.
I keep receiving this error:

*Can't create debug file log/debug (protection problem?) at ../xml/perl/LAS/Server.pm line 565.

Any suggestions? Adam Baxter
*