[Fwd: live access server problems]

forwarding this request for assistance to the users forum
--- Begin Message ---

Sir,

I have stored some data about the buoys such as  buoyid(primary key), date, latitude ,longitude,sst etc. in mysql database.

I want to design my own  las gui that will provide following facilities to the user.

1)To select buoyid, date on the interface and on clicking some button on the interface I want the corresponding data tobe extracted from the database that match the criteria of extraction.

2)I want to give this resulting extracted  data tobe  input to ferret so that it can plot the required graph for me.

    So plz tell me in detail how to go about doing this? i.e after modifying the interface as per my requirement how I can program the buttons on the interface so that it can perform operation specified above. How to embed queries and to invoke ferret, do I need to convert  the extracted data to netcdf format before giving it as a input to ferret?

I have tried to modify the VM_global….vm file  but I could modify only the banner part .Tell me how to modify the part of the las interface on L.H.S. side which contains following fields :datasets,variables,constraints,output, About   etc.

        Bhushan

Yahoo! India Matrimony: Find your life partner online.--- End Message ---