Re: LAS banner question

Peggy,

You've found the place to make changes so that they are visible immediately. You can make a change, hit reload on your browser and see what you've done. The only problem is that these changes will be lost if you ever rerun the configure script that initially sets up your LAS.

To make sure that your improvements are not lost and that you can easily upgrade you should make a copy of your modified velocity template in the las/server/custom/ directory. When you initially configure LAS this directory is searched for customizations before files are loaded into Tomcat. You can check las/las_servlet/build.xml for specifics.

Here's where you need to put your customizations:

cp $LASHOME/las_servlet/jakarta/webapps/las/VM_global_library.vm \
$LASHOME/server/custom/las_servlet/src

-- Jon

Peggy Li wrote:

Jon,

I am trying to change the banner of the LAS page to an image, but couldn't find a solution in the LAS document and the mail archive. I found a file call VM_global_library.vm in $LASHOME/las_servlet/jakarta/webapps/las where I can change macro(banner title) to use an image instead. I figure that if this is the right place to make the changes, I'll have to compile to to make it effective, but I don't know how. Could you please let me know how to do that?

Thanks a lot!

peggy