Re: products with multiple variables

Chris,

Greatly belated kudos for getting Vis5D output working. I would be interested in seeing it and possibly including it in our 'las/contrib/' area. Various default LAS products deal with multiple variables.

If you look in Ferret.pl for the subroutine 'sub data' you'll see the following code that deals with multiple variables:

my $vararray = $props->{variable_name};
my @vars = ref($vararray) eq "ARRAY" ? @{$vararray} : ($vararray);

The bottom line is that the list of variables is available in $self->{props}->{variable_name} which is a reference to an array. Look in las/server/log/debug to see this.

If you write templated journal scripts you can pass the template this array of variables and use the templating language to loop through the array. Contact me for further details if you'd like to pursue this route.

-- Jon

Christopher.Moore@noaa.gov wrote:

Has anyone written a back-end that serves a product that contains multiple variables?

I'm trying to access the list of variables selected in the 6.4 UI to generate a Vis5D file containing them.

I have the set-up for one variable working, if anybody's interested (including setting the mime-type and launching Vis5D automatically).

Cheers,
Chris

Christopher Moore email: Christopher.Moore@noaa.gov
Research Scientist, Oceanography tel: 206.526.6779
University of Washington/JISAO/NOAA-PMEL fax: 206.526.6744