Re: axis names in netcdf output files

Hi Paul,
Ferret automatically renames the axes based on the chosen grid sample. My first reaction is that you would want to edit std_list.jnl to explicitly define the variable on the named axes of your choice. I'll look into Ferret to see if this is possible and get back to you. If you have NCO (NetCDF Operators) on your system, you can use it to rename elements of a NetCDF file after you have downloaded. http://nco.sourceforge.net/nco.html
Joe
---------------------------
Paul Hasenohr wrote:

Dear LAS users,

When a netCDF file is generated using the LAS interface, the axis names (eg. LAT, LON) are changed in something like (LAT102_205, LON3_304) to show what subset has been requested. This is often convenient but for some specific purposes as an automated processing of the netCDF files generated by the LAS product server, I would prefer to have Ferret generating netCDF files with the original axis names (LAT, LON in this example).
Could anybody give me some hints on how to do it ?
I had a look at std_list.jnl but did not find the place where this could be modified.

Thanks in advance

Best regards
Paul Hasenohr

Paul HASENOHR
European Commission - Joint Research Centre
IPSC - Agriculture and Fisheries Unit
TP 266, 21020 ISPRA (VA), ITALY
Direct : +39 0332 78 62 22 - Fax : + 39 0 332 78 51 62
Web site: http://agrifish.jrc.it