Re: Troubles with scat2ddups on Redhat Advanced Server

Hi Andrew,

I'm using ferret v5.60 on a linux RH9 system 2.4.24 #11 i686
gcc version 3.2.2 20030222 (Red Hat Linux 3.2.2-5) (can't remember if the C lib version matters).

I've attached a copy of the scat2ddups.so file from my ferret installation. I don't remember having any trouble building it (used to have lots of problems on SGI IRIX systems).

Check the permissions after you drop it in your ext_func/libs area to make sure the settings are similar to the others already in there.

Hope this helps,
Cyndy

Chase, Andrew wrote:
I seem to be having the same problem as is described in this thread:
http://ferret.pmel.noaa.gov/mail_archives/las_users/fu_2003/msg00470.html

I'm working on an ia64 machine on the Redhat Advanced Server 2.1AS release. In the thread listed above I saw that the user having problems was sent a compiled version of scat2ddups.so. From what I read, it looked like a compiled version of scat2ddubs.so for redhat 9 fixed the problem:
http://ferret.pmel.noaa.gov/mail_archives/las_users/fu_2003/msg00471.html

I was wondering if someone could point to a place where I could find a compiled version of this file, or compile my own.

Thanks,
Andrew

Andrew C. Chase
Software Engineer
(831) 775-1865 :: Work
(858) 349-3443 :: Cell

Cyndy Chandler	| voice: (508) 289-2765
MS #43, WHOI	| Office hrs: M-F ~ 9-4
Woods Hole, MA  02543	| FAX: (508) 457-2161
cchandler@whoi.edu | http://www.whoi.edu/people/cchandler
U.S. JGOFS Data Management Office
Department of Marine Chemistry and Geochemistry
Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution