Re: How do I use the specific UI like these sites?

Hi all,

I share the opinion of cch.
I prefer also a user interface where everything is on one page.

But I notice that, in this old interface, the selection process on the left menu is slow.

Jean-Marie

Joe McLean wrote:

Hi cch,

The sites you are looking at are older version of LAS.  The UI did not use Velocity templates at that time, nor had the 'Define Variable' functionality yet been developed.  There are ways to customize the velocity templates to get a similar feel, but I don't know how you would combine the LAS v6.xxx Selection,Constraint,Options, etc pages into one page without some extensive code changes.  We will keep in mind that there is another vote for the old style UI presentation.

Joe
cch wrote:

Dear all,ÂCan I change my UI to other style like these sites?http://data1.gfdl.noaa.gov/las4/main.htmlhttp://daac.gsfc.nasa.gov/las/main.pl?cookieCheck=1ÂActually, I have two questions:(1) Does there has existed template to use? Or I shuld modify velocity myself ?(2) Why there are no "Define variable" item on these UI style sites??ÂThanks very much!!