Re: logarithmic vertical axe

Hi Karin,
You will want to open a Ferret session and create some plots form your data with the 1D and 2D plot, shade, etc commands before editing LAS files.
read the Ferret user's guide at http://ferret.wrc.noaa.gov/Ferret/Documentation/Users_Guide/current/fer_html.htm, navigate to "log plots"
and the Ferret FAQ at http://www.ferret.noaa.gov/Ferret/FAQ/custom_plots/2D_log_plot.html
Customize the procedures in the Ferret FAQ  to create your 2D log plot.

Once you have found the right combinations of commands, I think you will want to create some custom scripts based on the standard Ferret scripts provided by LAS.  First, add the ferret property <script_prefix>my_script_</script_prefix> to your data XML config file.
see:
http://www.ferret.noaa.gov/LASdoc/serve/cache/48.html
http://www.ferret.noaa.gov/LASdoc/serve/cache/49.html

Next,
cd $lasroot/server/jnls/ and
copy std_gif.tmpl, draw_1d.tmpl, draw_2d.tmpl to my_script_std_gif.tmpl, etc.
Edit my_script_std_gif.tmpl to INCLUDE my_script_draw_2d.tmpl, same for 1D.
Edit my_script_draw_1d.tmpl and my_script_draw_2d.tmpl to set up the commands you used in your Ferret session.
(i.e. The 1D template sets up a Ferret plot command.  Add the command qualifier /vlog to create a vertical log axis.)

An alternative way is to create an entirely new LAS operation following the examples in the documentation at http://ferret.pmel.noaa.gov/LASdoc/serve/cache/41.html
I still suggest that you create the product you want in a Ferret session first, so you know what commands will be needed in a Ferret .jnl file.

Joe

DASSAS Karin wrote:
Hello!

I am doing a server for data (atmosphere of Mars) in pressure coordinates. I need to display the data with
a vertical logarithmic axe. This is true for 1D, 2D and 3D plots. Where should I do the modifications? I guess this is in a .jnl file...
Has anybody done the same for its las server?

Karin