Re: Custom "Select view" menu

Ben ,

you have to define two other custom elements in UI.XML

1) A"map" element like this one:
 <map type="views" name="Views_SoilMoisture">
     <menu href="#Views_SoilMoisture"/>
 </map>

2) Then a "default" element, in the <defaults> section of UI.XML, like this one

    <defaults>
        <default  name="SoilMoisture">
            <map href="#DefaultOperations"/>
            <map href="#Views_SoilMoisture"/>
            <map href="#DefaultLivemap"/>
            <map href="#DefaultOptions"/>
            <map href="#DefaultAnalysis"/>
        </default>

A "default" element is like a set of user preferences

3) then you have to link your soil-moisture variables with that set of
preferences
in LAS.XML or one of its included xml files.

like in the following example:
   <a_trian name="Simulated (EP1) mean Sea Level Pressure">
    <link
match="/lasdata/grids/EP1_PLMEASLP_NAtlan_nc_lon_0505_lat_0505_time_grid"/>
    <properties>
     <ui>
      <default>file:ui.xml#SoilMoisture</default>
     </ui>
    </properties>
   </a_trian>

You may set this block in a dataset definition instead of a variable
definition, if all variables of a dataset are "soil-moisture" types.

Jean-Marie Epitalon
C.E.R.F.A.C.S

> I have a variety time series station data.  Some of this time series data ha
> s height or depth (e.g. soil moisture at various depths).  In the case where
>  the data has height or depth LAS presents a "Select view:" menu on the map
> applet menu page of 3 choices:
> zt (depth/time) slice
> z line
> t line
>
> In the case of zt (depth/time) slice and z line the menu selection for depth
>  becomes "Select depth range:".   I don't want to allow a range selection fo
> r depth, only select a single depth.  So, I want to restrict the "Select vie
> w:" menu to only presenting "t line".  How can I do this?
>
> I could prepare a custom "Select view:" menu (e.g. "Views_SoilMoisture" for
> soil moisture data) as follows and put this in ui.xml
>
>         <menu type="views" name="Views_SoilMoisture">
>             <ifitem view="t" values="t">t line</ifitem>
>         </menu>
>
> Where the only option is "t line".  But how do I get LAS to use my custom vi
> ews menu for the soil moisture data?  Note, this can't be for all data becau
> se I also have gridded data on this system that needs the usual menus for 2D
>  data.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Ben
begin:vcard
n:Epitalon;Jean-Marie
tel;fax:(+33) 05 61 19 30 00
tel;work:(+33) 05 61 19 31 32
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:C.E.R.F.A.C.S;Global change
version:2.1
email;internet:epitalon@cerfacs.fr
title:Computer engineer
adr;quoted-printable:;;42, Av G. Coriolis=0D=0A;TOULOUSE Cedex;;F-31057;France
x-mozilla-cpt:;0
fn:Jean-Marie Epitalon
end:vcard