Custom "Select view" menu

Hello Lasers,

I have a variety time series station data.  Some of this time series data ha
s height or depth (e.g. soil moisture at various depths).  In the case where
 the data has height or depth LAS presents a "Select view:" menu on the map
applet menu page of 3 choices:
zt (depth/time) slice
z line
t line

In the case of zt (depth/time) slice and z line the menu selection for depth
 becomes "Select depth range:".   I don't want to allow a range selection fo
r depth, only select a single depth.  So, I want to restrict the "Select vie
w:" menu to only presenting "t line".  How can I do this?

I could prepare a custom "Select view:" menu (e.g. "Views_SoilMoisture" for
soil moisture data) as follows and put this in ui.xml

	<menu type="views" name="Views_SoilMoisture">
	    <ifitem view="t" values="t">t line</ifitem>
	</menu>

Where the only option is "t line".  But how do I get LAS to use my custom vi
ews menu for the soil moisture data?  Note, this can't be for all data becau
se I also have gridded data on this system that needs the usual menus for 2D
 data.

Thank you,

Ben