Re: interpolation of irregular grids

Jean-Marie,

I'm not sure what you mean by "generic grids". We use the phrase "curvilinear coordinates" to cover an entire range of coordinate systems where the grids are not rectilinear. LAS and Ferret can also work with "scattered data" that have no underlying grid at all. In both of those cases, Ferret doesn't need to do any interpolation: it can plot the data on its native, curvilinear grid or as a scatter of colored points, respectively.

An example netCDF file (or the 'ncdump -h' for one) would help a lot in figuring out what you're trying to do. Visualizations of your data from other packages would also be tremendously helpful.

-- Jon

J-M Epitalon wrote:

Hello,

does anyone have an example of LAS implementation with variables gridded
on generic grids, that is: needing interpolation before plot by Ferret.

Although I have an idea of how to do this, it would simplify my task if
I had an example....

Thanks in advance

Jean-Marie Epitalon