Re: extending LAS: add a 5th dimension (beyond x,y,z,t)

Jean-Marie,

You could easily provide a user interface element for 'sequence number' through the custom constraints code  explained here:
http://ferret.pmel.noaa.gov/LASdoc/serve/cache/53.html
All you need to do at the back end is figure out how to get the constraint information into your CDAT methods.  Look for the following line in las/xml/perl/TMAP/insitu.pl for an example of accessing the information in custom constraints:
my @constraints = $self->{req}->getConstraints;
Don't hesitate to write if you get stuck at any point.  What you want to do should be pretty straightforward.

-- Jon

J-M Epitalon wrote:
Hello,

I plan to use CDAT instead of Ferret as a graphic engine,
because CDAT is not limited to 4 dimensions.

Actually, I have model output organized along 4 dimensions plus one:
we make 6 runs of a climate simulation with different initial conditions
each time.

I would like to have a dimension going from 1 to 6, the sequence number
of a run.

Would it be possible to modify LAS and its UI to support an additionnal
dimension ?
I guess it is not an easy task!!
Could anyone give me some advice on where to start ?

Jean-Marie