extending LAS: add a 5th dimension (beyond x,y,z,t)

Hello,

I plan to use CDAT instead of Ferret as a graphic engine,
because CDAT is not limited to 4 dimensions.

Actually, I have model output organized along 4 dimensions plus one:
we make 6 runs of a climate simulation with different initial conditions
each time.

I would like to have a dimension going from 1 to 6, the sequence number
of a run.

Would it be possible to modify LAS and its UI to support an additionnal
dimension ?
I guess it is not an easy task!!
Could anyone give me some advice on where to start ?

Jean-Marie
begin:vcard
n:Epitalon;Jean-Marie
tel;fax:(+33) 05 61 19 30 00
tel;work:(+33) 05 61 19 31 32
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:C.E.R.F.A.C.S;Global change
version:2.1
email;internet:epitalon@cerfacs.fr
title:Computer engineer
adr;quoted-printable:;;42, Av G. Coriolis=0D=0A;TOULOUSE Cedex;;F-31057;France
x-mozilla-cpt:;0
fn:Jean-Marie Epitalon
end:vcard