RE: Menu building for in-situ (point) data

Ben,

I have had good luck (with both LAS 6.3 and 6.4) with the following axes definition that uses <v> tags rather than setting an <arange .../> for single lat/long/depths:

  <axes>
   <m1_longitude type="x" units="degrees_E">
    <v>-122.03</v>
   </m1_longitude>
   <m1_latitude type="y" units="degrees_N">
    <v>36.75</v>
   </m1_latitude>
   <m1_depth type="z" units="m">
    <v>-3.5</v>
   </m1_depth>
   <m1_depthTS type="z" units="m">
    <v>1</v>
    <v>10</v>
    <v>20</v>
    <v>40</v>
    <v>60</v>
    <v>80</v>
    <v>100</v>
    <v>150</v>
    <v>200</v>
    <v>250</v>
    <v>300</v>
    <v>350</v>
   </m1_depthTS>

etc...

The Map applet displays this as a single point.  Of course, on a world map such a single point looks silly, so a custom background image is a good idea, as Roland suggested.

Mike