Re: Menu building for in-situ (point) data

Ben,

The configuration of the axis ranges controls the valid area on the map from which the user can select data. If you configure the axis for a single point, it will be impossible for the user to see and to select that point given the limitations of the map size. Configure your axis to cover a small area around the point of interest. You might also consider following the instructions at the bottom of http://ferret.pmel.noaa.gov/Ferret/LAS/FAQ/modifying_LiveMap.htm to create a more custom custom map background image.

Roland

Ben Burford wrote:

Hello LASers,

I'm having trouble building menus for station data (time series data at a si
ngle lat/lon location). I built the axes the same as I saw in another LAS x
ml file (DODS_UHSLC_fast_hourly.xml). I set the x and y axes to step=1 and
size=1 because this is in-situ data recorded at a point location:

<axes>
<CEOP_insitu_X units="degree_east" type="x">
<arange start="191.143" step="1" size="1"/>
</CEOP_insitu_X>
<CEOP_insitu_Y units="degree_north" type="y">
<arange start="53.8433" step="1" size="1"/>
</CEOP_insitu_Y>
<CEOP_insitu_T units="hours" type="t">
<arange start="2002-Oct-01 01:00:00" step="1" size="48"/>
</CEOP_insitu_T>
</axes>

When the map applet page came up it appeared OK for about 2 seconds and then
the page changed to display an error (the file attached to this email is th
e full text of the error message):
"javax.servlet.ServletException: xlo cannot be equal to xhi"

It seems to me that xlo would have to be equal to xhi for station data at a lat/lon point.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Thank you,

Ben