LAS UI headers and footers

We would like to use LAS on our web site, yet have our own headers/footers.  How do I embed the LAS user interface into the body of an HTML page?  Please see our website:
http://mynasadata.larc.nasa.gov/

Thanks,
Carrie

Carrie,

The LAS User Interface (UI) uses Velocity templates to construct the interface pages.  Documentation on customizing these is available here:

http://ferret.pmel.noaa.gov/cgi-bin/LASdoc?file=34

You can get a feel for what is possible by installing the custom_template demonstration code.  After installing the default LAS just
cd las/contrib
make custom_templates
cd ../server
make
and then restart your Tomcat server.  This shows you how to attach headers and footers on a per dataset basis.  To have headers and footer that always appear you'll want to modify the standard Velocity templates.

To give you an example of what's possible, here are some examples of customized LAS interfaces:
http://las.aviso.oceanobs.com/las/servlets/dataset

http://nsipp.gsfc.nasa.gov:8080/las/servlets/dataset

http://aquarius1.gsfc.nasa.gov:8080/las/servlets/dataset

http://cdiac3.ornl.gov/las/servlets/dataset

As you can see, most of them simply add a few headers and footers to the LAS interface but there is really no limit to what you could do if you wanted to write custom Velocity templates.

-- Jon