Re: laserror.log???

Hi All,
The information that was in laserror.log was duplication of the TOMCAT process/error info in $JAKARTA_HOME/logs/catalina.out and laserror.log is no longer created or used.  Thanks for finding this error in our documentation.  It will be corrected.  Look for more info later on setting the level of  debugging information.
Thanks,
Joe

Phil Moses wrote:
Ben,

I am not the authority but I has the laserror.log in version 6.1, with a
recent upgrade to 6.3 I do not see this error log on my machine.
Other logs entries that I know of are listed below.
Hope this helps,

Phil

Check debugging information on the last LAS access in
$lasroot/las/server/log/debug. The output of Ferret commands is in this
file.
  * Check the LAS data server logs in $lasroot/las/server/log/access and
    $lasroot/las/server/log/errors.
  * Check your server error log file for error messages from LAS. If you
    are using Apache, the error log file is usually in
    <apacheRoot>/logs/error_log or <apacheRoot>/var/logs/error_log.
  * Check the servlet error logs. Copious debug information is written
    to the file $lasroot/las/laserror.log. Debug info from the Velocity
    templates is written to
    $lasroot/las/las_servlet/jakarta/webapps/las/velocity.log. Java
    exceptions are written to
    $lasroot/las/las_servlet/jakarta/logs/catalina.out.