RE: High-resolution data set issues

I have issue B) mostly solved (selecting outside of the longitude range of a dataset wound up displaying a very wide dataset, approaching a width of 180 degrees or so).

It required a little bit of modification to draw_2d.tmpl and Ferret.pl

In draw_2d.tmpl, I added the lines:
    ppl xaxis,[% args.x_lo %],[% args.x_hi %]
    ppl yaxis,[% args.y_lo %],[% args.y_hi %]
after each of the fill and contour commands (3 places).

To enable the above commands to work, I had to make a minor modification to the draw subroutine in Ferret.pl, changing the line:
    my @args = qw(dataset_name variable_name fill_type view
                  fill_levels contour_levels magnify palette draw_reference
		  do_shade do_contour do_overlay rank title dump_args
		  dump_file
		  );
to:
    my @args = qw(dataset_name variable_name fill_type view
                  fill_levels contour_levels magnify palette draw_reference
		  do_shade do_contour do_overlay rank title dump_args
		  dump_file x_lo x_hi y_lo y_hi
		  );

With the change, if a small high-resolution data set is plotted adjacent to a large high-resolution data set, the small data set displays correctly.

Still working on those integer server-side map values...

-Mike