6.3 small install issue (checking the apache version)

Hola amigos and amigas, happy Friday to all.

I wanted to drop a line to the LAS developers, users and administrators
and make known a small issue that I ran across when installing 6.3.

Basically when the configure script does the apache version check, it
was failing for me because of the way the version was determined. I am
not sure if this is problematic only to my machine or to others as well,
so I figured I would send an email and inform the group.

To this point, there have been no further issues with 6.3 that I know of
and I will be testing this in the near future.

Details are below...

------------------------check apache version failing for me ---------

if ($res){
    print "Checking server...\n";
    my $url = new URI::URL("http://"; . $hostname , "/");
    my $req = new HTTP::Request(GET, $url);
    my $ra = new LWP::UserAgent;
    my $resp = $ra->request($req);
    if ($resp->is_success){
        my $server = $resp->headers->server;
        my ($junk) = split(' ',$server);
        my ($type, $version) = split('/',$junk);
        if ($type =~ /Apache/){ # Bug 142
            my ($major, $minor) = split('\.', $version);
            if (($major == 1 && $minor >= 3) || ($major > 1)){
                print "Good. You are running an Apache server.\n";
            } else {
                print "You are running Apache $version. LAS requires you
to run ";
                print "at least 1.3.1\n";
                exit 1;
            }
        } else {
            print "You are running an unsupported server:\n";
            print "\t$server\n";
            print "The script will continue, but LAS has not been tested
on\n";
            print "this server\n";
            $LasConfig{apache} = 0;
        }
    } else {
### For my install I pulled the die, my apache version is
###supported and dropped in a print command to debug.
        #die $resp->message;
        print "$resp\n";
    }
}

 Is the server running? [yes]
Checking server...
HTTP::Response=HASH(0x85b2eb4)

Thanks,
Phil Moses

--
Phil Moses
UNIX/Network/Computing Administration and Support