Re: Grabbing <constraint> in templated jnl file

Lynn,

For LAS v6.2 you'll have to write a custom operation. But you have accurately anticipated the functionality that will be available in LAS v6.3 which is due out in April. The syntax in that version will be

[% args.constraint_# %]

where # is 0-7.

-- Jon

Lynn deWitt wrote:

LAS users,
I'm finally upgrading an old V5.1 LAS to 6.2. I have a variable for which I want the user to be able to specify one parameter (besides the usual space-time constraints) which will be used to rotate the variable by a specified angle. I have the <constraint> element of the <map> element working so that the user can enter the parameter on the constraints page. I also see how, in the insitu example in the contrib directory, how such custom constraints were passed to custom operations.
What I was wondering, however, is if there is a way to directly grab the user specified constraint for use in a Ferret journal template (In v5.1 it was easy to do with cookies). I don't really need a new operation, I just need to rotate the variable by the user entered value. The line I'm using in my ui.xml file is:

<map type="ops" ......
<ifmenu ...
<ifmenu ...
<constraint type="textfield" name="Rotation_angle" label= "Enter Rotation Angle:" required="true">
</constraint>
</map>

What I was hoping is that there is a way to use something like:

let rotation_angle = [% args.constrain0_text %]

in my Ferret journal file, but I don't know what the argument is called. Or is the only way to do it by writing a custom operation? (This wouldn't be a huge problem, I was just hoping the extra step wasn't necessary).

Thanks! Lynn