Re: Sevlets Exception Error in LAS6.0

Matsutani-san,

I believe the problem lies in your data xml configuration, file: ncep_r6h_presv.xml.

As of LAS 6.0 the code was changed to present the User Interface using java servlets rather than javascript.
In LAS 5.x the composite variable attribute 'js' refers to javascript code.

Please change the <composite> element in ncep_r6h_presv.xml
from:
  <composite>
     <wind_vectors name="Wind Vectors" js="VecVariable">
      <link match="/lasdata/datasets/ncep_r6h_pres/variables/uwnd"/>
      <link match="/lasdata/datasets/ncep_r6h_pres/variables/vwnd"/>
     </wind_vectors>
  </composite>
to:
    <composite>
      <wind_vectors name="Wind vectors">
       <properties>
       </properties>
       <link match="/lasdata/datasets/ncep_r6h_pres/variables/uwnd"/>
       <link match="/lasdata/datasets/ncep_r6h_pres/variables/vwnd"/>
      </wind_vectors>
     </composite>

and try again.  Let me know if you have further problems.

Joe

Hirohisa Matsutani wrote:

 Hi Joe McLean sama i am sorry for "configured via local CAS".i thought that the dataset is accessed by a local CAS(Catalog Aggregated Server).i.e. the dataset is defined the following 1,2 steps 1. I executed commandaddXml ... <CAS's uri>2. I included  the step 1's out-xml in las.xml  Anyhow,  i send the belows files follwoing your instructions *las.error -Java Trace Message*las.xml*ncep_r6h_presv.xml(addXml's output xml) ->the composite element is defined in this file*GenericLAS_debug.txt.040219.i leave it to your best judgment.Thanks a lot, Hirohisa Matsutani -------------------------- Joe McLean wrote:At first, I can't tell you what is happening.  What do you mean by "configured via local CAS"?
The timeout property is large and there may be a timeout associated with the TOMCAT server, but the "Unexpected end of file" error doesn't seem to fit that situation.
Please send a copy of your las.xml file and your server/log/debug file after recieving the error and I will start from there.

Joe McLean