Possible bug in 6.2?

Hello,
After upgrading to LAS 6.2, we have seen some strange behavior with the
elements in a time axis. Please see the described problem below, we have
found a work around for the time being but for the future we are
attempting to determine is this something that was done incorrectly on
our end or is this a possible bug in the newest software?
<begin problem Description>

So we were using the string version as an index into the l axis that has
4 elements for the following example:

     <jpl_time_ad_yearly_mean units="hours" type="t">
        <v>year 1997</v>
        <v>year 1998</v>
        <v>year 1999</v>
        <v>year 2000</v>
     </jpl_time_ad_yearly_mean>

and now this yields an incorrect time axis and I cannot access the data.

If I change it to a real time and do not use the string:

     <jpl_time_ad_yearly_mean units="years" type="t">
       <v>01-JAN-1997</v>
       <v>01-JAN-1998</v>
       <v>01-JAN-1999</v>
       <v>01-JAN-2000</v>
     </jpl_time_ad_yearly_mean>

Then the code does work and correctly find the data sets, but since this
is a mean
we would prefer not to have explicit dates.  Also if I use the index
alone:

     <jpl_time_ad_yearly_mean units="years" type="t">
       <v>1</v>
       <v>2</v>
       <v>3v>
       <v>4</v>
     </jpl_time_ad_yearly_mean>

then the code does work correctly but is not informative at all.

What is even stranger is the following does the correct string indexing
problem an now displays the string and the correct index:

     <jpl_time_ad_yearly_mean units="years" type="t">
       <v>1997 annual mean</v>
       <v>1998 annual mean</v>
       <v>1999 annual mean</v>
       <v>2000 annual mean</v>
     </jpl_time_ad_yearly_mean>

Although it logically makes no sense why some "strings" work and
others don't

I also have a single field string index that is also not referencing
correctly, so I
had to double the entries and only the first one will work correctly:

      <jpl_time_ad_mean units="years" type="t">
       <v>1997 to 2000</v>
       <v>1997 to 2000</v>
      </jpl_time_ad_mean>

this should be:

      <jpl_time_ad_mean units="years" type="t">
       <v>1997 to 2000</v>
      </jpl_time_ad_mean>

But that does not even show a time index and will not allow you
to correctly get to the data.
<end problem description>

Any insight is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,