Re: [Fwd: genLas.xml, category.xml and updating the interface]

Phil,

>From your email, I gather that you are making changes to the categories used by LAS.  I am able to make changes here and update the interface by running genLas.pl and nothing else.  Let me know what version of LAS you are running and just double check the log files to make sure that you are accessing the LAS you think you are changing (if you have multiple servers running).

The las.war file contains all of the java servlet code including Velocity templates.  Everything in the las.war file is found beneath las/las_servlet/.  Once the servlet is loaded into Tomcat it will interact with data stored in mySQL to get dataset specific information to populate the templates and present the LAS user interface.  When you run genLas.pl you are taking information stored in the various .xml configuration files and populating the database.  This will not update the las.war file and it should not be necessary to restart Tomcat if you are only making changes in the configuration files unless you are using the new 'custom templates' references available in LAS 6.2.  In that case, after repopulating mySQL you will need to hand copy the new Velocity templates to the appropriate Tomcat directory and bounce (stop and start) Tomcat.

Let me know what you learn and we'll go from there.

-- Jon

Phil Moses wrote:
My apologies,

What I meant to say in my original email was that although I have run
genLas.pl, the timestamp on the *.war files remains the same. Is it
possible that if the data is not modified, the interface will not
change?

Thanks,
Phil