genLas.xml, category.xml and updating the interface

Hello,

I have a problem which I cannot seem to pinpoint. if I run genLas.pl, it
proceeds as expected, will give the output (to terminal) as expected and
seems to update all data. However, even after a restart of the server
(empty of the cache and the like), the server seems to display the old
interface to the data. If I re-run the configure script and provide it
with the new las.xml file, then everything works as expected, if I use
only genLas.pl along with a category and las.xml file, the data seems to
update however, the interface does not update (the category data).

I am assuming this may be due to errors in the category.xml and/or
las.xml files, would this assumption be correct or is it possible that
there may be other issues.
(I believe that the *.war files timestamp is updated when running genLas
on the category.xml and las.xml files, which adds to my confusion.)

Thanks,
Phil