Re: multiple las servers and apache virtual hosts

Hi Phil,
I have about 9 LAS's running on two tomcat servers, and setting up a new one can be confusing. I think the key point is that even though the LAS's are all in separate directories, the web interface files that are actually used all end up in the directory structure of the first LAS that that you set up that uses the tomcat server you're wanting to connect to. I just set up a new LAS the other day so right now it's clear in my mind what happens - I'll try to outline it clearly:

Let's use your LAS A and LAS B example. Let's say you have LAS A all set up and running under the default tomcat ports and it works fine, and now you want to set up LAS B using the same tomcat server as LAS A.

You have two directories where the LAS files were untarred into: /usr/local/las_A and /usr/local/las_B

Before configuring LAS B, you need to edit the file /usr/local/las_B/configure.pl to change the following line:

________
# Home of TOMCAT server

my $JAKARTA_HOME = "/usr/local/las_A/las_servlet/jakarta";
________

note that the JAKARTA_HOME for las_B needs to be in the las_A directory structure

cd to /usr/local/las_B and run configure.pl. When it asks for the Tomcat ports, use the default or whatever you entered when you set up LAS A.

After running configure.pl, look in /usr/local/las_A/las_servlet/jakarta/webapps

You will now see directories and *.war files for both LAS's:

las_A.war
las_A (directory)
las_B.war
las_B (directory)

After configuring your apache server as directed by the configure script, you should now be able to access LAS_B using the same tomcat port as LAS_A (ie http://.......:8080/las_B/servlets/dataset

Let me know if it still doesn't work. Lynn