Re: query on a netcdf file using matlab

Hi Chi Ding,

Goodness - a query I might be able to help with!

On Tuesday, November 25, 2003, at 05:41 PM, Chi Ding wrote:
Hi folks
I need to use a matlab toolbox t_tide as one backend application to analyze data
for my LAS site. My data files are in netcdf format and I have a matlab toolbox
for netcdf file http://woodshole.er.usgs.gov/staffpages/cdenham/public_html/MexCDF/ nc4ml5_guide.html.
The problem is that the matlab netcdf toolbox seems not to support query on netcdf file, say
on time/depth/lon/lat.
I use Matlab to access NetCDF data. An overview would be:

1. Open the NetCDF file with 'ncopen'
2. Get various parameters, dimension names, etc
3. Extract the data into a multi-d array
4. Access subsets of the data matrix

What problems are you actually encountering?

Harry
Ian "Harry" Harris
Climatic Research Unit
University of East Anglia