Re: * * * Announcing LAS version 6.2 * * *

Yingshou,

The definition of categories now needs to be part of the las.xml file.  Here's an example from our NVODS server that includes several different category.xml files:

<!ENTITY institute  SYSTEM "Institution_cat.xml">
<!ENTITY dataset    SYSTEM "Dataset_cat.xml">
<!ENTITY temporal   SYSTEM "Temporal_cat.xml">
<!ENTITY discipline SYSTEM "Discipline_cat.xml">
<!ENTITY source     SYSTEM "Source_cat.xml">

]>

<lasdata>

<las_categories>

&dataset;
&temporal;
&source;
&discipline;

</las_categories>

The individual files like "Dataset_cat.xml" just list the categories:

<category name="by Dataset Name">
  <category name="DAO 4D AMM One Layer Diagnostic Data" doc="http://daac.gsfc.nasa.gov/CAMPAIGN_DOCS/FTP_SITE/INT_DIS/readmes/assim54A_mo_subset.html#200">
   <filter action="" equals="DAO 4D AMM One Layer Diagnostic Data"/>
  </category>
</category>

-- Jon

yingshuo shen wrote:
jon,

   thanks for your info... i am wondering how to add category in this new version..  can you give me an example file ?  it used to be like ../xml/perl/genLas.pl -c category.xml las.xml  now ... this has been changed...  if you can give me some examples (as where to put category).. that will be helpful