"Select region" with and without the java applet

Dear all,

On my computer, there are some differences when I use the java applet or not : when I use it, the menu "Select region" doesn't work, I mean I select a region, and nothing change in the text field (long, lat). If I don't use it, it works...
I know also that on other computer, it always works. I think the difference comes from the version of java which is installed on the computer (Netscape usually works fine with java, and it is confirmed with this detail, and for IE it depends).

Any idea ?

Regards, Tony