Re: LAS proxy security issue

Hi Jon,

On Thu, 16 Oct 2003, Jonathan Callahan wrote:

> Steve Cousins reported the email abuse due to "ProxyRequest On"  back in
> April and requested advice on solving it:
>
>     http://ferret.pmel.noaa.gov/mail_archives/las_users/fu_2003/msg00092.html
>
> I did not investigate the issue at that time and his question was never
> answered.

I just want to correct you a little bit. You did investigate this and you
found someone who had set up the "Tomcat/Apache Warp connector" to deal
with the proxy instead of "ProxyRequest On".  You asked that if I got this
to work I should send back information on how to set it up. Unfortunately,
I never got back to it after my initial attempt. Most of our data sets are
being served by LAS version 5 so the need to fix this wasn't dire, and of
course this dropped off of my priority list.

Steve