Re: LAS/LIS User Interface

Hi,

Its just something I hacked up for the folks at NASA, and for our own use. However, I've put it up on our FTP server for your perusal:

ftp://grads.iges.org/grads/gds/gds-perl-scripts-20021209.tar.gz

There are two scripts, addGDS.pl and ls-gds.pl. Put them both in the server/ directory of your LAS installation. Make sure the curl utility is in your path. The output is put in a separate XML file, which you should include in your las.xml. To do this, add the following line:
<!ENTITY gds SYSTEM "gds-datasets.xml">
at the top of the file, after this line:
<!DOCTYPE spec SYSTEM "spec.dtd" [
Then after the <lasdata> tag, add this:
&gds;

I wrote it for the LAS 6.0 installation at http://monsoondata.org; I haven't tested on other versions. As long as the calling syntax for xml/perl/addXML.pl is the same, it should work on any LAS version.

- Joe