Re: SERVER_NAME ?

Hi Aldo,

----- Original Message -----
From: aldo bruschi <aldo.bruschi@tin.it>
Date: Tuesday, May 20, 2003 3:40 am
Subject: Re: SERVER_NAME ?

> Dear Petteri,
>
> I had the same problem and I found the solution in httpd.conf (at
> the end)
> I add the rows below at the end:

Thank you so much for your help. It worked.

> Now the my problem !.
>
> I have installed las 6.0 (and 6.1) with RED HAT 7.3 (all OK)
> BUT with RED HAT 8.0 I have many problems with ./configure.
>
> Many modules are not compiled (netcdf ,date-calc.. , other...)
> and the script is stopped.
>
> From your mail I understand that you have installed LAS 6.0  in RH8
> withoutproblem.
> Is correct?

This is correct. I think you should first install RH8-distro perl-rpms, e.g. I have:
perl-DateManip-5.40-27
perl-URI-1.21-3
perl-XML-Dumper-0.4-22
perl-XML-Twig-3.05-3
perl-netcdf-perl-1.2.1-x3jpl
perl-5.8.0-55
perl-HTML-Tagset-3.03-25
perl-Parse-Yapp-1.05-26
perl-libwww-perl-5.65-2
perl-libxml-perl-0.07-25
perl-XML-Encoding-1.01-20
perl-XML-Grove-0.46alpha-21
perl-DBI-1.30-1
perl-Date-Calc-5.0-25
perl-Compress-Zlib-1.16-8
perl-Filter-1.28-9
perl-CPAN-1.61-55
perl-HTML-Parser-3.26-14
perl-XML-Parser-2.31-12
perl-libxml-enno-1.02-25
perl-CGI-2.81-55
perl-DBD-MySQL-2.1017-3
perl-Bit-Vector-6.1-28

I installed the perl modules (MD5, AppConfig, File::Pathconvert, Parse::Lex), which failed to install with ./cofigure with perl CPAN shell.  netcdf I have
# rpm -qa | grep netcdf
perl-netcdf-perl-1.2.1-x3jpl
netcdf-3.5.0-2.7.3

I recall some tests failed, when installing some modules. So I am not completely certain if my system works 100%.

After I installed the required perl modules, I run ./configure and answered no to the question if http-server is running. If I answered yes, the test would fail with a Forbidden message.

This seem to work so far, but I need to add some data and do some modifications to ui.

Good luck!

Petteri