Re: irregular grid data display in ferret

Hi Bob,

I'm forwarding this to the las_users mailing list as it might be of interest to others.  If the thread continues, please reply to the list also.

Joe
-------------------

Bob Yu wrote:

Joe,

This is great! The Sea Level Center LAS might be the one I exactly needed. It is actually included in my LAS! I will take a close look of it and see.

Appreciate your help very much.

Bob

Joe McLean wrote:

Hi Bob,

Bob Yu wrote:

Joe,

Thanks a lot for the response. I thought LAS would not be able to deal with 1-d data (such as station observations). What I need to do is to display station locations and make the station data selectable /displable.  I will make a try first and let know if there are any problems.

I don't know how your data is structured, but take a look at:
http://ferret.pmel.noaa.gov/nvods/servlets/dataset
-by Serving Institution
--University of Hawai'i Sea Level Center
---Sea Level (monthly)

and see if this interface looks like something you could use.  Just an idea.

Also, I need to develop some new function to manipulate data (such as spectrum transfroms). For doinf so, I guess I will need to make 1) some perl function under the custom/ directory, 2) ferret scripts, and 3) operation xml files. If you have examples like that will be very very helpful.
A good place to start here is:
http://ferret.wrc.noaa.gov/Ferret/LAS/Documentation/manual/customize.html#Customizing_LAS_code

Joe

Again, thanks a lot for the help.

Bob

Joe McLean wrote:

Hi Bob,

Please send a copy of the error you are receiving, and a snippet of the data configuration XML file including the variable definition and corresponding axis definition.  I'll take a look.

Joe
--------------------------

Bob Yu wrote:

Hi all,

I am new ferret user. Currently I tried to display a set of irregular drid data in LAS, but got errors. Could anyone help to show me a scenario how to display that kind of data?

Thanks.

Bob
Code 971, Goddard Space Flight Center
Greenbelt, MD 20771