3-D Grid (x,y,t) Time Series Spanning Multiple NetCDF Files

Hello,

I have multiple netCDF files of 3-D grids (in X, Y, and T) forming a time series across the netCDF files. E.g.,

netcdf 20030301 {
dimensions:
        lat = 141 ;
        lon = 360 ;
        time = UNLIMITED ; // (31 currently)
}
netcdf 20030401 {
dimensions:
        lat = 141 ;
        lon = 360 ;
        time = UNLIMITED ; // (20 currently)
}
I'm not clear on how to describe these netCDF files in LAS (or in Ferret) so that I can express a single variable with a time axis that results from the union of these netCDF files, rather than as multiple variables for each netCDF file with its time axis corresponding to each particular netCDF file.

Thanks in advance,

Mark