Looking for example of how to make LAS process non-grid data

Dear LAS users
   Does anyone have experience of putting non-grid data into NetCDF and make
LAS process it?
   I read LAS6.0 documentation and took a look at the sample NetCDF data.
Unfortunately the sample data are gridded, which is different with my in-situ
data.
   I'll highly appreciate it if someone could provide me their example of how
to make LAS process non-grid data. Any sample non-grid NetCDF data or XML
configuration file will be very helpful.
   Thanks a lot.

   Ding Chi