LAS6.0 installation problem

Hi there
   I'm  new to the LAS6.0 system. I installed LAS6.0 today but coudn't make it
work. My system is Red Hat 7.3 and all my operations were on it.
   First, I edited the ferret_paths file and used "source" command to set the
environment variables for ferret.
   Second, I ran "configure" and chose to install the sample datasets. During
this process, everything seemed OK except the "No such files" warning
information in the last step ( to change ownership of files).
   Then I followed the instruction to add two lines into my apache config
file.
   At last, I started the tomcat server by executing "startserver.sh". I
believed it worked since I can get the tomcat home page by accessing
http://palapa.ocean.dal.ca:8080.
   Everything so far was ok. However, when I accessed
http://palapa.ocean.dal.ca:8080/las/servlets/dataset using Mozilla, there was
no response. All I saw was just a blank page. I switched to Netscape, it
complained that " The document contained no data, try agian or contact the
administrator".
   Then I added datasets and also called "make" to regenerate the user
interface, but still failed.
   There is one thing I 'm curious about. During the configure process, one
step is to specify the path name the Web client will use when accessing LAS
server output. I just chose the default value, and the script's choice is as
below

Enter path name for the LAS server output: [/las-output]
The full path to LAS output is:
http://palapa.ocean.dal.ca/las-output/LASserver.pl

    In the apache configuration file, "las-output" is defined as below
Alias /las-output/ /home/local/las/server/output/
    However, I didn't find LASserver.pl under the desired directory. Is this a
problem?
    Thanks a lot in advance. Any suggestion will be highly appreciated.

    Ding Chi