Support for Mac OS browsers...

Hi Folks,

We've just begun our experimentation with LAS 6.0 and I have to say I'm
quite impressed.  The installation was painless (for me at least) and the
configuration options using the <category> and <filter> elements looks
quite promising.

The most disappointing thing for me has been the lack of support for Mac
OS browsers.  One of the goals of the new version was to eliminate some of
the JavaScript to reduced the browser incompatibilities.  I think this
version took some serious steps in that direction, but still falls short.

For example, I just sat down with an internal client for whom I'm
developing an LAS installation and tested with 3 different Mac (OS 10.2.2)
browsers and all of them failed in some way:  IE 5.2 would not advance
past the Map applet (as noted in other emails to the list), Safari (1.0
v51) would not load the map applet (but worked fine with no java) and
Mozilla 1.1 flat crashed and burned loading the Map applet.

How can we/I improve the support for Mac OS browsers?

Roland

Roland Schweitzer
NOAA-CIRES Climate Diagnostics Center
325 Broadway (R/CDC1)