Re: time attributes in xml metadata

I found this happening for my datasets too. The problem seems to be a bug in LASNetCDF.pm. Try the attached patch..

- Joe

On Thursday, January 9, 2003, at 02:42 PM, <linton.corbet@csiro.au> wrote:

I have been encountering a problem with setting up
netCDF files to use with LAS.

When i run
perl perl/addXml.pl --out_inc perl/template.xml nc_file.xml
  /../nc_file.nc

nc_file.xml is generated.
Inside this, i expect to find:

<nc_file_nc_time units="hour" type="t">
   <arrange start = "2003-01-01 00:00:00"
            step = "12"
            size = "17" />
</nc_file_nc_time>

However, some of the attributes get mixed up. What
i really get is:

<nc_file_nc_time units="12" type="t">
   <arrange start = "hour"
            step = "2003-01-01 00:00:00"
            size = "17" />
</nc_file_nc_time>

Strangley, the latitude and longitude variables
both turn out ok.

In nc_file.nc the time is as follows:
 float time(time) ;
        time:units = "hours since 2003-01-05 00:00" ;

and the file works perfectly with ferret, grads, on it's own.
From all angles it is 100% coads compliant.
The version i am running is
     LAS (Live Access Server) 6.0

So,
 is there something i can do, or a problem with my netCDF file,
 that will allow me to generate a properly working xml dataset?

Regards,
 Linton.

Joe Wielgosz / joew@cola.iges.org
Institute for Global Environment and Society (IGES)
http://www.iges.org