Re: incorrect time range being set for single-time datasets

Hi Joe,

This known 6.0 bug has been fixed and the fix will be part of the next LAS release.

At 01:14 PM 12/23/2002 -0800, Joe Wielgosz wrote:
Hi,

FYI, there seems to be a bug in the Java UI:

1) I generate an image using dataset A , which has an (absolute, non-periodic) time dimension;
2) I then try to generate an xy plot from a dataset B, which has data for only a single time. No form controls appear to set time.
3) However, the XML request for dataset B incorrectly contains a time range, with the values last used for dataset A, resulting in a missing data error.

I tested this with both Mozilla 1.2 and IE 5.2 for Mac OS X. The datasets I used are:

http://monsoondata.org:9090/dods/gswp/grid/tair_ncep (has a varying time dimension)
http://monsoondata.org:9090/dods/gswp/grid/fixed/vegclass_bats (data only for a single time)

That's it until Jan, happy holidays..

- Joe

Joe Wielgosz / joew@cola.iges.org
Institute for Global Environment and Society (IGES)
http://www.iges.org