Re: Non lat/lon map projections

Jennifer,

Funny you should ask.  I was planning on writing some code to provide
preliminary map projection support starting two weeks from now.  I'll
move it up and start on Monday instead.  It would be nice to know what
kind of projections they want but Ferret already has scripts to provide
quite a few.  See the Map Projection FAQ here:

http://ferret.wrc.noaa.gov/Ferret/FAQ/graphics/map_projections.html

I'll let you know when I get things working -- presumably towards the
end of next week.  I expect everything will be written using
configurable aspects of LAS v6.0 and can be added on painlessly to a
standard v6.0 installation.

-- Jon