From: Mark A Ohrenschall [mailto:Mark.A.Ohrenschall@noaa.gov]
Sent: Tuesday, July 09, 2002 2:19 PM
To: las_users@ferret.wrc.noaa.gov
Subject: Re: LAS spatial resolution

I'm using LAS and Ferret to display grids as large as 5400 by 10800 and even 21600 by 43200 (though not in their entirety). I am able to display the full region of the 5400 by 10800 grid (subsampled by Ferret) by adding -memsize 127 to Ferret_config.pl and changing my $timeout = 120; in CLC.pm. I don't think I can display the full region of the 21600 by 43200 grid without creating a subsampled browse image.

Cheers,

Mark

Jonathan Callahan wrote:

There are no restrictions on the resolution although there are realistic
limits to the total grid size.  We have some satellite datasets that are
1024 X 1024 points and these are often subsampled to allow rendering in
a reasonable amount of time.  Available memory may also limit how large
a grid may be processed.  You should also note that it is possible to
use the LAS interface with a different visualization package.